Sunday, August 16, 2009

What is the purpose of Facebook?

I've been on Facebook and myspace for a while now and I'm bored with both of them. At first it's nice to find people you haven't seen in forever or old high school classmates. Then if you get into some debates about politics or religion you remember why you haven't keep in touch with some people. Some people never evolve. Some people devolve. I just told a friend yesterday that I'm going to stop posting intelligent comments because Republican zealots spend their time posting ignorant hate speech. My pal reminded me of the butterfly effect and said my voice of reason makes a difference. I seriously doubt it at this point.

It seems to me that people who have remained in their home towns have a narrower world view than those of us who have traveled and had other experiences. A lot of them seem to have a right wing racist mentality which is a huge disappointment. One would think that people would grow up after twenty plus years of living but I don't see it. I take joy in correcting their spelling and grammar mistakes. It infuriates them. They were and continue to be incapable of an intelligent argument in person and that translates into writing. They seem to think that poverty relates to laziness or bad morals.

One old class mate, Belinda Knoblock Turk is a total dumbass, racist and hypocrite. She mentioned Obama's race. Anytime you can't produce a rational argument you bring race into it and destroy any intelligent points you wanted to mention if you had any and she doesn't. This blathering idiot then says something about her pool boy being white, a citizen and buying his own health insurance. Like the rest of the lemmings, she needs to jump off a cliff.

I wonder if the facebook creator intended this type of racism and ignorance to be spread all over the Internet. Perhaps it's just a sociological experiment to gauge the attitudes of Americans. I'm not sure. All those virtual smiles, hugs, farms, Mafia Wars are all a huge waste of time.




    follow me on Twitter







      follow me on Twitter




      Movie Madness

      No comments:

      Popular Posts