Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cool Fuels on the Science Channel

It's not easy trying to live green in Houston, TX. I've always been into recycling and environmental issues which has sometimes been a great irritant to my minion. Earth Day is always a reminder of how much change this behemoth of a city needs to make. Anything's possible, right?

I was delighted to find the show Cool Fuels on the science channel today. An Aussie travels across the USA using different kinds of fuel WITHOUT USING GASOLINE! It was realistic and possible and I was glad to watch it with my child. The fuels used were biodiesel, solar, wind, electricity and micro hydro.

The RV they traveled cross country in was powered by biodiesel, solar and electricity. They also had a motorcycle which was electric, a convertible car and an electric bike.

Now I wish I had taken notes because it had some great information in it. I'll try to catch it again and post more accurate information.

No comments:

Popular Posts